"Idyllic Dorset cottages with indoor heated swimming pool and tennis court . . ."
Lying in the picturesque Piddle Valley in West Dorset are the twelve acres of glorious rolling countryside in which these holiday cottages are set. No longer a working farm, Doles Ash Farm now has a splendid range of barns which have been sympathetically converted to form a group of very comfortable cottages, interestingly clustered around a grass courtyard with the owners’ 18th-century house. Facilities include an indoor heated swimming pool, games barn with table tennis, snooker and table football, and tennis court.
Doles Ash Farm is the ideal venue for group get togethers, giving guests the benefit of families and friends being in the same place while still enjoying some personal space in individual cottages. Three of the holiday cottages have enclosed gardens, ideal for dogs, while the remaining four have individual patios. The indoor heated swimming pool has full changing facilities (please bring your own towels). The tennis court is also available all year round. The cottages, facilities and grounds enjoy an outstandingly peaceful setting with magnificent walks on the doorstep. Riding, golf, clay-shooting and fishing are all available locally.
Good shops can be found 8 miles away in Dorchester and 10 miles away in Sherborne. There is a host of local attractions and a long sandy beach within a half hour’s drive at Weymouth. Studland beaches and Swanage are also firm favourites with visitors.
The Piddle Valley is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty which boasts some of the prettiest villages in England and has a wealth of excellent family-friendly pubs to dine and relax in with the village of Godmanstone boasting the smallest pub in England. The beautiful village of Cerne Abbas, overseen by the legendary Cerne Giant, also lies just 3 miles from Doles Ash Farm. This is Thomas Hardy country with many of Hardy’s venues have changed little since his time. At Higher Bockhampton, standing among soaring beech trees, is the thatched cottage where the novelist was born.
Lovely cottages in a fabulous setting - what more could holidaymakers want? Shops 1 mile.
Steps up to cottage entrance and open elevated patio. Spacious living/dining room with wood-burning stove. Kitchen. Double bedroom. Spacious bedroom with three single beds. Bathroom with over-bath shower, hand held shower attachment and toilet.
- Wood-burning stove – initial fuel included, thereafter at cost
- Electricity, electric central heating, bed linen and towels included (please bring own towels for swimming pool)
- Travel cot and high chair by arrangement
- Shared laundry room with washing machine and coin-operated tumble dryer
- Dishwasher (except Fox Cottage, ref DFX)
- Shared grounds
- Indoor heated swimming pool (36ft x 18ft) (available March-October, Christmas and New Year)
- Sauna (available until end of October 2015)
- Shared games barn with table tennis, table football and small snooker table
- Large grassed play area with climbing frame and badminton/volleyball net
- Shared use of owners’ hard tennis court
- NB: Fenced pond in grounds. No stag or hen parties
Properties DGA, DGG, DFM, DFX, DGH, DGJ can be booked together for larger groups and family get-togethers. DGH & DGJ have interconnecting doors.
Huntsman’s Cottage is fantastic for a family. There are plenty of activities on-site and nearby to keep the kids entertained!