Champernhayes Farmhouse - Cottage holidays in Wootton Fitzpaine, Dorset
Here are the details for Champernhayes Farmhouse ideal for a cottage holiday in Wootton Fitzpaine, Dorset. To book or find out more please use the Booking Info or Availability buttons below.
This impressive stone farmhouse was once part of the original, prosperous farm that was built to provide food for the local community and small mediaeval monastery. It is tastefully decorated and recently refurbished to offer a combination of modern boutique and medieval charm. The sitting room has its original 15th Century flagstone flooring and 12 inch thick walls built from original wattle and daub construction, having lasted over 650 years!
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four bedrooms.
- Three en-suites and one ground floor bathroom.
- Wood burning stove and bread oven.
- Indoor Jacuzzi and swim spa (private use with arranged time slots).
- Enclosed garden/patio plus communal garden with pond.
- Up to two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog), to be kept on the lead please due to sheep or guests who are wary of dogs.
- On-site parking.
- Arrive on a Friday, Saturday or Monday for a minimum of a three night stay.
- French windows from kitchen open onto private garden/patio with views of the valley.
- Woodland walks surrounding the area with a beauty meadow and stream.
- Large Inglenook fireplace.
- Original wattle & daub walls.
- Original flagstone floor.
- Seating area within garden with gas barbecue (gas supplied).
- Games room with a selection of books, board games and DVDs.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Exposed beams.
- Flat screen TV and DVD player, Bose stereo.
- Hand built modern oak and granite topped kitchen, well equipped with oven, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and freezer.
- Secured access to the jacuzzi area (pin code on door), please supervise children at all times and bring your own pool towels.
Sleeping up eight guests, Champernhayes Farmhouse is one of six charming 15th Century restored farm buildings situated on the gentle slope of a West Dorset hillside, a real Jurassic Park. Awarded 5 stars by Visit Britain.
|Champernhayes Farmhouse has the following Facilities
There is a Hot Tub at this cottage
Sea within 5 miles
Games Room - Fun for all the family
The cottage has an enclosed garden
The cottage has an open fire - perfect for that authentic country cottage feeel on a winters evening
The cottage is equiped with a Hot Tub - the perfect luxury all year round
This cottage can be booked for a short break
This cottage sleeps more than 2 - perfect for families of all ages
Pets are welcomed at this cottage
Price: £ from £ 185.00
|This cottage Sleeps
| This cottage is within 5 miles of the sea
Enjoy an evening drink or a pub lunch at the nearbypub
|Bookmark this cottage:
||Cottage rental includes
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Children Welcome
- Games Room
- Swimming Pool
As you can see Champernhayes Farmhouse is located in a great location. The perfect base for any holiday around Wootton Fitzpaine. And well suited to explore the whole of
Important note: All information provided about this holiday cottage are for guidance only. dorset-cottages.org.uk is an independent site bringing you details of a wide range of cottages (over 9,500) in England, Wales and Scotland alone. The aim of the information provided is to allow you to compare a range of properties. Once you have chosen a cottage that suits your requirments you can book the holiday via the booking links provided which is either the cottage owner direct or a reputable booking agent.